Thursday, July 9, 2009

{Catch up- Book Club, 4th of July and new neighbors!}

What a busy week it has been since we got back from vacation!





Last week I hosted book club, we spent the day a the the pool with my MIL, SIL and nephew and went to my parent's house to celebrate the 4th of July with the family at the lake and we met our new neighbors. Whew, I need a nap!





We read American Wife for book club this month and I disliked this book so much that I am going to devote an entire post to it...


My parents host a little soiree on the 4th each year {well, the years there aren't weddings, we took 2006 & 2007 off due to my and the little bro's nuptials...} and both sides of the family come. It is so fun, and such a treat to see everyone in the summer! We normally spend a lot of time together November- January due to the holidays so this is a treat.

I made a delicious pineapple salsa that I also made for book club {book club girls were the guinea pigs } as well as a Red Velvet cake and the Lemonade Sweet Tea that is below. This tea is SO good. I don't really like sweet tea {I know, Georgia girl born and bread but I don't like TEA!} but I LOVE me an Arnold Palmer.



Lemonade Sweet Tea: from the July issue of Southern Living




Ingredients
3 cups water
2 family-size tea bags
1 (1-oz.) package fresh mint leaves (about 1 cup loosely packed)
1/2 cup sugar
4 cups cold water
1 (6-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
Garnish: fresh citrus slices
Firefly would be a great addition for an adult only party too...


Preparation
1. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Remove from heat, add tea bags, and stir in fresh mint. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
2. Remove and discard tea bags and mint. Stir in sugar until dissolved.
3. Pour tea into a 3-qt. container, and stir in 4 cups cold water and lemonade concentrate. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.

3 comments:

*Pink Preppy Party Girl* said...

Sweet tea--sounds refreshing! Will avoid the book American Wife. We are reading Outliers-I missed the meeting last night but love the book so far.

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

I don't even like tea (how am I Southern?) but that image is oh so appealing to me.

And I despised that book too!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Mmmm that sounds delish! Thanks for the recipe!