Monday, March 1, 2010

"May the God of hope fill you will all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13
Today is Johnny's last chemo treatment! I can't believe that just six short months ago he received the diagnosis...He has had chemo every two weeks over those six months and it has done a number on him, it better have killed that cancer! Over that six months he has had so many people praying for him, loving him and thinking about him. I have never seen cancer so up close and I don't wish it on my enemies {not that I have any, I LOVE everyone :)}. The battle is hard, it is a horrible disease. I hope that battle is over now and we can focus on happier things!
****************************************************************************************
"The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

3 comments:

Katy said...

I just recently heard that voice in Zephaniah and I love it!

Steph said...

That is wonderful news, Allison. Congrats to your family and Chad's. Hope all remains well.

Anonymous said...

I read your sweet words to Johnny and it cheered his heart. He's sitting in the den taking his chemo now by the pump and will be so glad to get it off tomorrow. Yes, these 6 months have taken a toll, but they have brought us to a closer bond in our 40 years of marriage. Your prayers have been felt. We love you.
Judy