Saturday, April 3, 2010

{What we've been up to}

* I gave up Facebook for Lent, I made it 33 days. Last weekend Rich was over and I had had a beer {or three} and was persuaded to log on. Oh well, I made it longer than the no meat thing last year...
* We have been going to a new church since Valentine's Day, and it is Presbyterian and I L.O.V.E it.
* Last month's supper club we surprised Jayme and celebrated baby Huston. Can't wait to meet him this month!
* I finished up my first singles season in 4th place, out of 5 teams. I loved it though, it was a blast!
* Johnny won his election for City Council on the 16th and we got to celebrate the hard work and victory that night.
* Jack turned 5, I can't believe it. This is the only photo I got of his party, he was having too much fun playing! He will be spending the night with us one night and we will take a trip to Toy's R Us and Chick fil a , can't wait to see what he has in store for us this year!

* A couple of weeks ago I drove to Douglasville to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Baby Carden {yes, in the span of two weeks I had 3 baby showers! Everybody must have had a REAL good vacation last year, if you catch my drift...}. Laura and I lived together all through college,we met in Brumby hall our freshman year! She and Joe are such special friends and I can't wait for that sweet boy to get here safe and sound {but I am sure not as much as Laura is}.
* Daddy was ordained as a deacon at their church. He worked so hard and we are so proud of him! I went to down to the service and celebrated with a wonderful Mexican feast afterwords. There is just something about salsa and liquid cheese that just screams "congrats on your hard work". Ole!
* We have spent some wonderful time with friends. Chad has been playing lots of golf and last night we went to dinner with the Fowlers, Mullins and Ernsts and Chad took on a Man vs. Food challenge. His burger had fried green tomatoes and pimento cheese on it. It was not good, I know you are shocked.

* Katie and David are getting married today! Katie I became best friends in the sixth grade, we bonded over having the same two piece bathing suite at the Trotters Ridge swimming pool. It was an instant connection, no doubt. We were inseparable in high school, my parent's called her their adopted daughter, lots of double dates and boy talk. Who in the world would have thought that all that boy talk would be about her future husband?!? Looking forward to celebrating the new Bustles this afternoon {and I have the cutest new Lilly dress to wear thanks to a surprise from Chad!}
Katie caught the bouquet and David caught the garter at our wedding, Momma is cracking me up in the background.

* We are going to the beach in 3 days. I can NOT wait. We are headed down on Tuesday after work and then Mandy and Chris will join us on Thursday. I can't wait to lay on the beach, read and have a cocktail {or two} in the sand.
* Chad's favorite week of the year is here, Masters. At least we will be at the beach and I won't just be stuck in the house having to watch tv. We aren't coming back from Florida until Monday so he can watch the Sunday round, I am not even kidding.

Sorry it was so long between posts, we have had a lot going on. Mandy- I swear I will try to be better. :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Busy, busy! Glad to know you are still alive and well. Jeffrey LIVES for the Master's week, too. We are at the beach and we are coming home on Wednesday so he can watch all four days of it on "HIS" TV in peace - ha! (Hate to tell him Libbi does quite know how to "relax" just yet....)

Steph said...

Wow, you guys are really busy lately! Have a GREAT vacation and I missed your updates!!!