Wednesday, February 4, 2009

{The Power of Prayer}

The power of prayer is an amazing thing. It can heal a person's soul or body, it can take you to a place of contentment that you didn't even realize was possible. I come to all my friends {both real life and blog land} and ask for your prayers. These are prayers of healing and peace, I know all are possible.


Debbie- My friend M's mom has been diagnosed with breast cancer and it is an "angry tumor". She is having a double mastectomy today, please keep her and my friends family in your prayers.

Ronnie- A family friend is having surgery today after experiencing complications from prostate cancer. Cancer is a nasty disease, I HATE it!

My Dad- He is having surgery on Friday to repair his knee. We are praying for a fast and easy recovery!

"...the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" James 5:16

2 comments:

Steph said...

I will absolutely be praying for all your friends and fam! Sorry they are going through all of this. Completely agree on the prayer thing...my friends baby she gave birth to not even a week ago, stopped breathing on Sunday...we prayed, prayed a little more...and then she is in recovery now...phew! The power of prayer is for real!

Lulu said...

I can really relate. I have been so down and out lately, and prayer is the only thing that soothes my soul. My Mom gets results from a little procedure on her breast tomorrow, and I am so nervous. But, I am trusting in the Lord - and I KNOW it will be ok. I am will pray for the things you have mentioned.