Tuesday, February 17, 2009

{Weekend of love}

On Friday night we went to my parents' house to celebrate Grandmom's 85th birthday. She was the birthday queen and we had so much fun. She lives in Chattanooga so we don't see her as often as I would like...
Betty, the birthday queen! I hope I look this good when I am 85...
Three generations of Bass women, the only thing in the looks department I inherited was the straight dark hair....

On Saturday we got up early to start our day 'o love our favorite way- going out to breakfast! We went to Mama's Boy in Athens and it was wonderful! My plain oatmeal I have eaten every morning this week just isn't cutting it. SIDE NOTE- I LOVE going out to breakfast, I am not sure why. I think its because when I was little daddy would wake me up early on Saturday morning and take me to McDonald's for some hotcakes and sausage...

Anywho, back to day 'o love...we decided to stay home and cook and I took that very seriously, I didn't want to leave all day. We went to the butcher to get our steaks {YUM} and to the grocery store for the lobsters and asparagus and then we hung out at home ALL day, it was GLORIOUS! We watched My Best Friends Girl {don't like Dane Cook but was ok} and Nights in Rodanthe {did not like AT ALL} and napped.

Our lobster tails were so good, we had never cooked lobster before so we wikied and YouTubed cooking lobster. I must say, grilled was the best!

Our delicious Valentine's Day FEAST! 

Hope you and your love bug had a great day, gotta run- we have an in bed by eight date! I am pooped, and its only Tuesday!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Your Valentine's Day meal looks delicious!