Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"Americans never quit. We never surrender. We never hide from history. We make history.
Thank you, and God bless you, and God bless America. " ~ John McCain
We have made HISTORY! Even if "my" candidate did not win the race I can proudly say that I am beyond proud of the history that was made last night. My children will never understand how amazing this election was, it will be normal to them and that is an amazing feeling. While I might not agree with all of his polices I am excited to call Mr. Obama my president because we could all use a change. I will support him and am still proud to be an American. If you do not embrace the change that has come it will be a LONG four years. I hope that the change he has promised comes to fruition and that America prospers.
John McCain ran a class act race and I am proud to be a McCain supporter, what an amazing speech he delivered last night! So embrace this Republicans, this is your future...

7 comments:

Steph said...

Nice post Allison. Regardless of our difference of opinion on our candidate choices we both agree that this is an amazing piece of American history. I really respect your response to this election...good for you!

Lulu said...

Well put. He is not my choice, but we might as well deal with it -- if not, it WILL be a long 4 years.

Kate said...

Great post-very classy!

Jessica B. Howell said...

It's fantastic to experience history in the making, isn't it? I was thrilled to read your post. Despite our political differences, you have inspired me with your post.

Hopsy said...

Love your new look and this post. John McCain is an amazing hand and will always be an American hero!

Monogramchick said...

I agree, John McCain is a class act!

Robyn said...

Hi Allison! I'm so enjoying your blog...and I think you AND McCain are class acts. I admire your response and hope more people can embrace the change and hope for the best...no matter which way they voted.