Friday, April 18, 2008

{Friday Favorites}

Happy Friday! My day has already been off to an interesting start, our alarm didn't go off, there was a wreck on the way to work that shut down 4 lanes on 85- there are only 5 lanes in case you were wondering...and I am dealing with a production issue at work. And it is only 10! In light of this morning my Friday Favorites consist of my favorite verses, all of these verses have made an impact on my life whether it be happy times, trying times or reflecting times. I hope you enjoy...

1. Proverbs 16:9- The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps

2. James 1:19- You must be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry

3. Luke 12:22-23- ...Jesus said, "That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life- whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. For life is more than food, your body more than clothing

4. Luke 6:26- There's trouble ahead when you live only for the approval of others, saying what flatters them, doing what indulges them. Popularity contests are not truth contests—look how many scoundrel preachers were approved by your ancestors! Your task is to be true, not popular.

5. Luke 6:27-30, 35-36- To you who are ready for the truth, I say this: Love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer for that person. If someone slaps you in the face, stand there and take it. If someone grabs your shirt, gift wrap your best coat and make a present of it. If someone takes unfair advantage of you, use the occasion to practice the servant life. No more tit-for-tat stuff. Live generously. 35-36"I tell you, love your enemies. Help and give without expecting a return. You'll never—I promise—regret it. Live out this God-created identity the way our Father lives toward us, generously and graciously, even when we're at our worst. Our Father is kind; you be kind.

6. Proverbs 17:22- A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength

7. Colossians 4:6- Let your conversations be gracious and seasoned with salt so that you will have the right response for everyone

8. Psalm 14:10- Be still and know that I am God

9. Psalm 139:14- Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous- how well I know it.

10. Joshua 1:9- This is my command- be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Below are the 2 that have made the most impact on me and the two I always turn to:

11. Corinthians 13:4-7- Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins our. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

12. Jeremiah 23:11- "For I know the plans I have for you" says the Lord. "Plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly you will find me"

I love you all and hope you have a blessed weekend.

XOXO

No comments: